The classical dictionary used for studying the Talmud, Midrashim and Targumim.
- Over 30,000 entries
- Shows multiple meanings of words
- Each word is fully vocalized, defined in English and presented in various contexts.
- Word roots are cross-referenced wherever possible.
This complete Talmudic dictionary displays the words as they appear in the text, without the need to know the root of the word.
Useful and free resource for translating from English to Yiddish
This trilingual dictionary is a must have for anyone doing research in Yiddish language and literature. It has been a classic ever since it first appeared in New York in 1925
- Over 4000 romanized entries
- appendix of idiomatic expressions & proverbs
- appendix of common Yiddish words used in the English language